Sunday, February 24, 2013

Six Impossible Things

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

 
--  Lewis Carroll

I've loved this quote for a long, long time. You see, I'm determined to not let my imagination run out as I age. Sure, I can't completely stop the loss; some of it's out of my control. But what I can do is use my imagination, keep it into practice to keep it into being.

If we don't imagine, we don't dream. And if we don't dream, then why live?

For how can we hope for better, achieve better, and live better, if not for dreaming better?

Even though I live well a life full of happiness, I know that things can be better. Things can always be better, for anyone, anywhere. And for that reason, I believed six impossible things before getting out of bed this morning. 

I will be a professional writer.

My dog will live forever.

I will live within (at least) short driving-distance from my sisters and we will get together (at least) weekly.

I will live cellulite-free one day, for the rest of my days.

I will be able to travel without anything standing in my way.

My loved ones (including me!) will live in perfect health for perfectly long lives.


It's in my control to make 4 of those come true, anyway.

Because how would we ever make things possible if we didn't challenge the impossible?



 


No comments:

Post a Comment