Thursday, September 5, 2013

DIY "Just Married!" Banner

A while back, my sister emailed me with a few pictures of banners/crafts to look out for that would add personal and fun touches to her wedding. I always love me some Etsy, but wanted to try a few things on my own. I started with a small project: a banner.

Just Married!

Making this "Just Married!" banner was incredibly easy and inexpensive. The whole project cost about $11.50 and took roughly an hour to complete.

To create it, I used the free printable letters from the Shanty 2 Chic blog. Doing this was super simple--all you have to do is click on the link, open up each letter, and print. No downloads or difficult steps necessary.

I grabbed a packet of colorful printer paper at Michael's. The packet consisted of different bright shades of polka-dotted and gingham paper and cost about $6.

After printing out each letter on a different sheet of paper, I cut around the black triangular border. Again, straightforward and simple.

From there, I used a single hole punch (about $1.50 at Michael's) to put holes in the top corners of each letter. Once punched, I strung twine ($4) through the holes and....voila! The sign was completed.

 
 

I absolutely loved the way it looked hung up against this red toolshed at her farm reception!





1 comment: