Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Whole30 - Week 2

Garrett and I are just over halfway through our Whole30, and we feel great! I think we've hit the "Tiger Blood" phase. For me, this means that I am full of energy and always ready to do something active. Other than at work, I'm spending less time sitting and more time attending yoga class, going for walks, cooking, cleaning, and anything, really, on my feet.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. This post is supposed to be devoted to week 2. 

How did I feel in week 2? Well, once I got past day 10, I started to feel really good. Days 8 and 9 were filled with mild flu-like symptoms, with heavy sinus drainage, overall weakness, and a headache. I continued to consistently blow my nose through day 14 (TMI?), but as a person with a mild dairy allergy that leads to sinus issues, I wasn't surprised. 

I also feel like we figured out a better meal and snack balance in week 2. I didn't really think of snacks in week 1, or size meals appropriately (large enough) for the husband. After making these adjustments and again devoting time to meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking, it really started to feel like smooth sailing.

We got this.

Here's our week 2 meal plan:

Monday
Breakfast - Banana, Egg prosciutto muffin cups

Tuesday
Breakfast - Banana, egg prosciutto muffin cups
Lunch - Leftover steak and homemade guacamole
Dinner - Cauliflower crust pizza with homemade tomato sauce, all natural chicken apple sausage, red onion, and red bell pepper
Snacks - Apple with almond butter

Wednesday
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Leftover steak and homemade guacamole
Dinner - Leftover Whole30-friendly red curry from my sister
Snacks - Dried fruit (no sugar added)

Thursday
Breakfast Banana, no-bake fruit and nut bar
Lunch - Leftover cauliflower crust pizza 
Dinner - Tamale Pie & fresh guacamole
Snacks - Apple with almond butter


Friday
Breakfast Banana, egg prosciutto muffin cups
Lunch - Leftover tamale Pie & fresh guacamole
Dinner Salad from Roam Artisan Burgers

Saturday
Brunch All-natural breakfast sausage, mushroom, and onion quiche
Dinner - Burgers topped with guacamole, sweet potato fries, and braised kale
Snacks  - Dried fruit

Sunday
Brunch - All-natural breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs
Dinner - Chicken tikka masala



No comments:

Post a Comment