Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Liebster Award! Connecting Bloggers

A Day in the Life has been nominated for the Liebster Award by my fellow blogger friend Denise of Fueled By Vegetables. I'm so grateful for the nomination--nothing makes me happier than having readers out there!
Here are the rules:

After being nominated, each nominee must:
  1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger
  2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
  3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
  4. Nominate 11 new bloggers
  5. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer (Sofia is allowing us to use her questions instead of creating new ones, thank you!)
  6. Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.

Here it goes!

11 Random Facts:

1.  I’m a real life ginger.
2.  I met my husband when I was seventeen. Crazy, right? (We tied the knot last July, when I was 23.)

3.  I have 33 aunts and uncles and somewhere around 60 cousins. Can you say Irish Catholic?

4.  I’ve lived in 4 states—Connecticut, Rhode Island, Michigan, and Arizona—and am planning to add a fifth to that list soon.
5.  I love to cook, but still consider myself a newbie. I’m learning how to tweak and master recipes and then attempting to redo them in a healthier, cleaner way.
6.  One of my mottos is “dress for the role you want to play in life.” I’m a lover of all things fashion, though my personal style is always evolving. Above all things, I’d call my style feminine.
7.  I’m the youngest of three daughters. And the favorite ;-)
8.  I am obsessed with BBC/PBS movies and television series. Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Call the Midwife…the list goes on and on.
9.  I love to read. To me, there are few better pleasures in life than reading a good book.
10.  I’m obsessed with my yellow lab, Mollie. And a little sensitive to the fact that she’s getting old.
11.  I laugh too loud, and often. Some days, I may laugh more than I actually speak.

11 Questions:

1. What’s your favorite thing to wear? My forest green skinnies, moccasins, and a tucked-in top.
2.What’s your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving! Any day that involves people over-indulging themselves with food ranks high in my book.

3. What’s your guilty pleasure? Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Yeah, you read that right. I’ve got all of the seasons on DVD.
4. Veggies or fruits?  Yes and yes!

5. If you could pack a suitcase to anywhere right now, what would you pack and where would you go?  I’ve been dying to travel to Cinque Terre, so that’s where I’d go. I’d pack my husband, a good book, and fabulous outfits.
6. Have you ever lived in another country? Where and for how long?  Not yet!

7. What are your 5 must-have foods? Pizza, pasta, bananas, Goldfish crackers, and anything in a tortilla (have I mentioned that I’m a fat kid at heart yet?)
8. What is one of your biggest regrets?  I live without regrets. Outward and onward!

9. What do you want your legacy to be?  Once I actually finish something, I’d love to be known as a wonderful novelist.
10. What is your dream job?  Being a (successful) novelist and writer! Anything that allows me to live creatively and travel.

11. Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains?  The beach. I need the ocean.

Here are my nominees:
A 20-Something's Journey of Travel and Soul Searching

Naked on a Roller Coaster

Modern Gentleman

A Southerner in San Francisco

Ashley DaCruz Photography

un.cubed

Freckles Chick

Sew Many Ways

My Life, Laughs & Love

Natalie Probst

Vintage Revivals



…start reading!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment